Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our baby girl born

In the morning of May 21, I start to have bloody show, and contraction. we waited until midnight to go to the hospital, and the contraction was 8 to 10 minutes in between.
At the hospital, a midwife checked me and said my body wasn't ready for the baby, she told me to do some walk for 40 mins see if things change, if not, she will send us home. So I climbed the stairs from the first floor to 7th floor 4 times. She checked me, said I made a little progress but still she couldn't admit me. And then I tried to take a hot shower, the contraction came more frequently and stronger, but still she said I wasn't ready. Mason insisted to have the baby today, then she gave me a shot of morphine and another drug that was supposed to help my pain and help me fall asleep while I continued to dilate. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned and I continued to feel the contractions and couldn't fall asleep. Mason fell asleep though, because he was tired. At 7AM I couldn't stand the pain any longer. I woke Mason up through my tears. He went and got the midwife. We were surprised and happy to find out I was already dilated to 9cm and ready to have the baby. The hospital people were unprepared for me, because I was so close to having the baby. They didn't have time to give me medication and epidural or to send me to the delivery room. So, I ended up giving birth to our little Tess in the observation room. She was 6 lbs 14 oz and 19.5 inches long. We think she's so pretty and are so happy to have her join our family!
Here is Tess, she just born


Tess start to look at this new world...

.
Tess and grandma from China

5 comments:

faith said...

Congratulations to all of you! Babies are just wonderful.

Rachel Ruth said...

YOUR babies are the cutest, Mase and Em.

JM Hurst said...

Congrats to you both Emily and Mason!

Unknown said...

恭喜你啊!
第一眼看到你女儿就觉得她和Jet好像哦!

Jennie Larsen said...

Tess is beautiful! I'm sorry the delivery was rough, but congratulations on having a beautiful daughter!