Friday, September 26, 2008

Our Family

Here is our first post on our family blog. Seems like all the cool kids are doing it, so here we go.

Our Baby, Jet
He will turn eight months on the 27th of September. His favorite hobbies include climbing the stairs, standing up on his own, and army crawling around the room. Yesterday, I cam home to eat lunch during work. Jet was sitting by my feet. While I was eating and talking to Emily, I felt a little hand on my thigh. To my surprise, Jet was standing up all by himself. I was surprised, and so was he; after he realized he was standing all by himself, he burst into tears (because no one was supporting him and he was scared).

Jet also is very interested in the inside's of other peoples mouths. He often will reach his whole hand inside my month when I am talking. He thinks teeth and liquid are fun to touch so a mouth is a double whammy! Jet is envious of other people's teeth because even at eight months he doesn't have any.

Awhile ago, Jet developed an acute fear of bushes. I took Emily to the USCIS office to get her greencard paperwork squared away. As Jet and I were waiting, I took him outside to look around. While we were perusing the flora around the office, Jet gasped in terror. I looked around the bushes and saw some spiderwebs. Thinking it was the spiders he was worried about, I found some sticks to throw in the web to show him it was okay. To my surprise, he wasn't phased by the spider in the least; it was the finger-like leaves on the bush scared him.
(Note by Emily: Since Jet was so scared of that bushes, i showed him different kind of bushes while i took him for a walk. he is a lot better now, he would be interested by those bushes, touch them, pull them and even Eat them. one day i put his tiny feet on the bushes, he was so ticklish! My mom was right, she said,of course he'd be scared, he never seen this all his life. he yelled when he first time saw the flower near by our house)

No comments: